||Why do I specialize in Aviation Marketing?

Why do I specialize in Aviation Marketing?

I was at a marketing conference (AWAI’s Web Copywriting Intensive) last week, and in one of the classroom exercises I mentioned that it’s my intention to specialize in aviation marketing.

“Why on EARTH do you want to do that ?  Those guys are getting hit pretty hard by the economy and they’ve just been hit with all that bad PR about the auto industry execs coming in their private jets to ask the government for money!”

Hmmm. . . What can I say?

Why would a marketing consultant specialize in Aviation?

Several things, actually.

The aviation industry in the U.S. isn’t going to take this lying down.  And I want to be one of the first to offer a hand up.  We’ve seen how powerful bad PR can be, but that works both ways.  This is a great place for some good PR.

Cessna has a new online campaign called Cessna Rise – one of my favorite quotes from their web site:

Shame on those who suggest that business aviation is little more than a corporate frivolity. Focusing on facts over hyperbole, it’s glaringly apparent why you fly.  Study after study shows companies operating business aircraft outperform competitors that don’t.  It’s simply about availing yourself of the tools to do your job.

specialize in aviation marketingHawker Beechcraft is cutting costs in other areas, but is also taking on the critics.    The ad for their new Beechcraft King Air 350 is headlined – “Sensible enough to impress any Congressional Committee.”

What self-respecting marketing copywriter could read that and NOT say to herself – “I’ve got to talk to those people!”

Add the fact that I have the religious zeal of a new convert- I just started flying lessons in September when my husband and I bought a new Cessna 172 with the Garmin 1000 glass cockpit.  It took me awhile to get comfortable with landing the darn thing but now landings are my favorite thing. I can’t get enough of them.

Add to THAT the fact that the aviation industry in the U.S. is where it all started, with Orville and Wilbur and everybody thinking they were crazy.  Yes, they were crazy alright, but just over 100 years after their first powered flight there are flights arriving in every major city every few minutes from all over the planet.  We can’t imagine what life would be like without regular commercial air travel.

But, instead of going into all that, I just smiled at my classmates and let them think that I’m crazy..

2018-09-05T07:44:03+00:00

23 Comments

1. Marcellette Cloche March 10, 2009 at 8:08 am - Reply

This fight is for the world market, not just the U.S. I also believe that GA and Air taxi are the future of aviation and that entrepreneurs & small to medium-sized businesses really need this type of tool in order to gain that competitive edge. Down with the ‘fat cat’ image and on with the intelligent business model/quality of life advantages GA can offer!

2. toobexigo March 10, 2009 at 3:23 pm - Reply

now in my rss reader)))
    ————————
    ads: http://auto-car-loan.xetisa.ru/

3. Petites annonces March 16, 2009 at 6:32 pm - Reply

nice post realy this is great we like to touch and see some articles like this

4. Simona April 16, 2009 at 10:15 am - Reply

Nice work! I’ll have to do a cross post on this one 😉

• admin April 20, 2009 at 12:53 pm - Reply

Thanks! Let me know when & where – maybe we can guest post . . . 🙂

5. Catalina April 30, 2009 at 9:20 pm - Reply

Wonderfull…

6. HibHiergoRerb May 12, 2009 at 7:25 pm - Reply

During Christmas 2006 I traveled to St.Petersburg Russia to meet my wonderful woman which I was waiting for so long. Her name is Violetta and she is the great woman and wonderful person, she is so intelligent and beautiful. Since I found her profile on LoveEpicentre website and sent her a short letter, everything in my life seems so fascinating. We had been emailing and talking to each other on the phone for five months before we met in person. After long period of conversations we did finally meet, and fall in love for each other. I am very thankful to Russia for a wonderful woman they have. I like this country and I love her. I am a type of man that interesting (or was interesting) in a one single woman at a time when I was looking for a serous relationship.
    Today when Media and Internet are very popular it gave us incredible services where you can do whatever you want, but most important before everything are online dating services. LoveEpicentre site is one of those priceless sources that provided the most qualified service for easy and comfortable communication to their clients.
    It happened. I and my best half girl are married now. I always thank god and http://loveepicentre.com internet dating site for a chance to meet such a wonderful woman like my girlfriend. Today, my second and better part of my life had begun. We both have found our true and clear crystal love. We don’t have enough word to describe our lack and happiness we are having now.
    Since that day when LoveEpicentre.com had been established, everymen’s dream is possible. LoveEpicentre.com – [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]senior dating[/url]

7. Arianatite May 13, 2009 at 7:03 pm - Reply

Great point and very interesting food for thought. I’m not sure I have any clients I can replicate this with, but will bear in mind for the future. Regards

8. Dating No Strings June 11, 2009 at 10:10 am - Reply

Hi! This Why do I specialize in Aviation Marketing? | Aviation Business Consultants International Inc. was really what I’ve been searching for. THanx!

9. Hey, nice post, very well written. You should blog more about this.

10. Hey, nice post, really well written. You should blog more about this. I’ll certainly be subscribing.

11. Faro July 8, 2009 at 7:31 pm - Reply

Man, that’s great…Thanks for providing such a good info………

12. Home Loan Rates July 9, 2009 at 5:15 pm - Reply

These days multiple people choose to apply for loans using Internet. I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

13. Lisa July 12, 2009 at 2:13 pm - Reply

Thanks a lot!! a very useful topic!!

14. derekpm July 12, 2009 at 6:23 pm - Reply

Rather interesting. Has few times re-read for this purpose to remember. Thanks for interesting article. Waiting for trackback

15. Martula July 15, 2009 at 3:22 am - Reply

Thanks for this. It really helped me out!

16. Joanna July 20, 2009 at 2:35 am - Reply

Thank you very much for this post.

17. ALEXREM July 21, 2009 at 6:41 pm - Reply

Very useful information

18. Thanks for posting about this, I would love to read more about this topic.

19. Connor July 23, 2009 at 9:48 pm - Reply

Very useful information. I think it is useful for many people. Thank you for your blogs.

20. flash July 25, 2009 at 8:20 pm - Reply

This is absolutely perfect. Thanks a lot, I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time.

21. car dvd player August 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm - Reply

whatever it is, you have made a great contribution. I do believe!!!