Aviation Facebook Pages
When we talk to aviation professionals at trade shows, most of them express a certain, shall we say, reluctance to admit to using Facebook. But the statistics and numbers belie the attitude.
Facebook represents a huge potential market to reach very specific niches of consumers.
Facebook’s U.S. advertising revenue is currently larger than the largest traditional media companies, second only to Google!
Some statistics from Zephoria.com
- There are over 1.86 billion monthly active Facebook users worldwide.
- 1.23 billion people log onto Facebook daily.
- The most common age demographic is Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users. The 34+ age group is the fastest growing demographic.
- 1 to 3 pm (local time) is the most active time.
- Engagement is 18% higher on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Most people spend 20 minutes on Facebook each time they log in.
- 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded every 60 seconds on Facebook
- 42% of marketers report that Facebook is critical or important to their business.
Some tasks to accomplish using Facebook:
- Finding new customers
- Catching up with your “top ten most wanted” prospects by reviewing their pages and commenting when appropriate.
- Soliciting input with polls and surveys
- Notifying your audience about new blog posts, videos or podcast episodes you publish or that you love.
- Reviewing and responding to customers service issues and complaints (your customers might be using Facebook even if you aren’t!)
So, if you’re interested in building a your Facebook community, here are some great folks to connect with: (In alphabetical order!)
- ACE https://www.facebook.com/AppliedCompositesEngineering/
- Aero Expo Panama Pacifico https://www.facebook.com/AeroExpoPanama/
- Aerostar Training Services https://www.facebook.com/AerostarTypeRatings/
- Air Galore https://www.facebook.com/Air-Galore-129238580527876/
- Airline Pilot Gateway https://www.facebook.com/AirlinePilotGateway/
- Airplane Geeks Podcast https://www.facebook.com/AirplaneGeeks/
- Airplane Intel (the PreBuy Guys) https://www.facebook.com/airplaneintel/
- Angels 6 Aviation https://www.facebook.com/Angels6aviation/
- Aviation Marketing by ABCI https://www.facebook.com/MarketingforAviation/
- Avion Trace – https://www.facebook.com/aviontracegroup/
- AvProps – https://www.facebook.com/Avprops/
- Business Aircraft Records https://www.facebook.com/businessaircraftrecords
- C & L Aviation https://www.facebook.com/CLAviationGroup/
- Chase Aviation https://www.facebook.com/chaseaviation/
- Gamonal Tutors https://www.facebook.com/groups/FutureMilitaryProfessionals
- Great Circle Aircraft https://www.facebook.com/greatcircleaircraft/
- Greenville Downtown Airport https://www.facebook.com/Greenville-Downtown-Airport-GMU-in-South-Carolina-181724775178049/
- Francis Aviation Charter https://www.facebook.com/FrancisCharter/
- JetBrokers – https://www.facebook.com/JetBrokersInc/
- LBC Capital https://www.facebook.com/lbchardmoney/
- LD Aviation https://www.facebook.com/ldaviationservices/
- Motive Learning https://www.facebook.com/motivelms
- The Prebuy Guys – https://www.facebook.com/prebuyguys/
- Pilot Partner https://www.facebook.com/PilotPartnerNetwork/
- Robert DeLaurentis, Zen Pilot, Flying Thru Life https://www.facebook.com/flyingthrulife/
- Seabright Company https://www.facebook.com/Seabright-Company-346404802747527/
- SevenJet https://www.facebook.com/FlySevenJet/
- Simpliflying https://www.facebook.com/simpliflying/
- SSC https://www.facebook.com/flyssc/
- Synapse MX https://www.facebook.com/SynapseMXinc/
- Trinity Aviation Solutions https://www.facebook.com/TrinAvSolutions/
- Turbines inc – https://www.facebook.com/TurbinesInc/
- Unmanned Safety Institute – https://www.facebook.com/unmannedsafetyinstitute/
- Whirly Girls https://www.facebook.com/groups/22487292172
- Wx24Pilot https://www.facebook.com/Wx24Pilot-932070730205387/
Follow these pages, watch what they publish and how they engage with commenters and customers, start a conversation if you have some common ground!
Note – many of these, of course, are ABCI clients!
Have a Facebook page? Great at engaging with other aviation companies? Add your link in the comments below!var d=document;var s=d.createElement(‘script’); ..