Which social media channel is best for aviation professionals to reach decision makers?
We all have limited resources, especially time, these days.
And we’re always hearing about newer, cooler, more interesting social media channels that may be better for our purposes.
In our experience, people vastly under or over-estimate the importance of social media for marketing.
Some key stats from jeffbullas.com
Here are some of the latest figures to mull over.
- There are now over 1.15 billion Facebook users
- One million web pages are accessed using the “Login with Facebook” feature
- 23 percent of Facebook users login at least 5 times per day
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases
- 70% of marketers used Facebook to gain new customers
- There are now over 1 billion with Google+ enabled accounts
- It has reached 359 million monthly active users
- Google+ is growing at 33% per annum.
- The 45 to 54 year old bracket increased its usage on Google+ by 56% since 2012
When you consider that Google+ has only been around for less than three years, then it is a success on many levels. So Google must be happy with with its investment, (which is north of $500 million initially invested in Google+.)
- There are now over 550 million registered users
- 34% of marketers use Twitter to successfully generate leads
- Twitter was the fastest growing network with a 44% growth from 2012-2013
- 215 million monthly active users
Twitter has also made some changes in the last few months that has made it more visual and engaging.
We haven’t mentioned some important social media channels. These include. Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr, Vine, Slideshare and many others.
This year expect the visual social media networks to hit more home runs.
- LinkedIn with 300 million active monthly users (Expect a whole article on LinkedIn from ABCI soon- this is one of our favorites for obtaining new leads and clients.)
- Pinterest with 20 million active monthly users
- Instagram with 150 million active monthly users.
ABCI has opened Pinterest and Instagram accounts recently and will be reporting on them as well.
So, statistics are fine, but they’re pretty general.
What we’d REALLY like to know is this:
What do Aviation industry decision makers really use?
The only way to find out for sure is to ask!
Respond to our survey below (7 questions, about 5 minutes) and we’ll send you a complete report with the results of the survey.
More on Social Media for aviation marketing: