Aviation is addicted to checklists. And they’re a great sales tool!
In yesterday’s podcast, John and I talked about strategies when you have a competitor with a lower-priced product or service.
Create a buyer’s guide, or even a simple checklist, that lets shoppers know what questions they SHOULD be asking.
Most customers know they should do “due diligence” or “do their homework” before making an aviation industry or B2B purchase, but many times they simply don’t know what criteria to look for or what questions to ask.
So they rely on price, which is the simplest thing to evaluate. But it’s not the most reliable measure of actual value.
Weirdly coincidentally, the same day we recorded the podcast, we had a painter come to the house to give us an estimate. He left is with a lot of great marketing material, including this checklist.
Being a marketing nerd, I completely geeked out on this checklist, and made one of our own, and another for a client for whom we’re making NBAA marketing materials.
Just as many of our painter’s customers aren’t certain what questions to ask, many of OUR future clients are uncertain what questions to ask when evaluating aviation marketing companies. It’s just not something they do every day.
So we include our checklist in every potential client information packet that asks (and answers, for our part) questions that we think clients should ask before they hire an aviation marketing company.
Sidenote – sometimes you get the best ideas from COMPLETELY unrelated industries!
- Checklists are quintessential to the aviation industry. We are already in the habit of using them and trust the process.
- They are simple to understand
- They give YOU the opportunity to define the criteria that will best serve prospects in making great decisions. (Will they agree with all of your criteria? Probably not, but you will give them some information and ideas they would not have otherwise thought of.)
- You get to showcase, in a single page, the most important reasons prospects should choose YOU!
- It can be easily adapted to any company, product or service.
- It’s quick, cheap and easy to create, format, update and print. No genius-level technical or artist-level graphic skills required.
For more ideas about Lead Magnets, you can download our list of 17 ideas here.
For more about Aviation Advertising: