In this video, we discuss three tools for international aviation marketing – including
- Creating foreign language pages on your website (or a foreign language website!)
- International/multilingual SEO
- Social media and other digital advertising.
- Foreign language pages, a foreign language subdomain, or an entire foreign language site.
- Search engine optimization on the local search engines and outlets.
- Social media and digital advertising.
In this example, there is a pretty significant number of visitors from India and the Philippines.
Another interesting item is that those visitors are only spending 37-46 seconds on the site. That would indicate that they’re visiting but perhaps not understanding what they see, or not finding it immediately relevant or welcoming.
These countries might be good candidates for some targeted marketing, including foreign language pages and/0r specific content directed to them.
Questions to ask –
- Do I want more customers from this country?
- What will I need to provide to make that work?
Things you might need to provide could include –
- Translated web pages
- Hiring a salesperson that speaks that language
- Accept/convert their currency
- Attending an event in-country
- Hiring a salesperson in-country
- Other items?
Foreign Language Web Pages
There are really three ways to deploy foreign language pages, each option has its pros and cons, so consider carefully –
- A foreign language page (or two) summarizing your offerings and providing contact information in that language.
- A subdomain that can include several pages going into more detail.
- A foreign language site with a country-specific TLD (Top Level Domain)
International Search Engine Optimization
Just because you have foreign language pages, doesn’t necessarily mean that they get listed on the foreign search engines! (If only it were that simple!)
We have to make sure the pages meet the technical rules for the meta data (invisible code on the site and pages) for the local search engines and preferred sharing and social media sites.
Social Media / Digital Advertising
Social Media and Digital Advertising have had profound advancements in the last couple of years, making them some of the most cost-effective ways to reach very specific international customers.
Summing it Up
Consider selling your product or service internationally, even if you may have tried it before with less than-satisfying results. Some recent advances in the tools available for international aviation marketing make it a LOT easier, and a lot more cost-effective!
For more about International aviation marketing topics, see these: